Who is Eligible?
Our program serves individuals who have differing abilities. Referrals may be made by appropriate social or medical agencies. A pre-admission meeting will then be held to determine appropriateness of placement in the DAC.
What Training is Available?
In order to help each adult attain his/her highest level of ability, individualized programs focus on the following areas:
Vocational Training: Paid work opportunities through contract work and community enclaves. Training in job seeking and resume development is provided as needed.
Community Integration: Includes restaurant skills, public transportation training, and appropriate use of community facilities such as the community center and senior center.
Sensory Integration: Integration of all the senses through the use of different stimuli.
Recreation/Leisure: Training in basic life skills.
To accomplish the mission of the Becker County DAC, we share the following values.
- All people should have the opportunity to work productively.
- All people have the right to warm and private environments.
- All people have the right to use age-appropriate community resources for leisure, business, personal assistance, education and meaningful employment.
- All people need the opportunity to risk even if it means failure.
- All people need the chance to try again after they have failed.
- All people should have the opportunity to attain their highest potential.
Paid Employment Opportunities
Individual Employment: Training and follow-up services provided at the place of business as needed.
Contracted Services: Work completed at the DAC facility.
Enclaves/Work Crews: Provides work crew with trainer to complete various job tasks in a community setting.